Well, it’s been quite a week! In addition to hosting a party with at least 10 cars of people coming and tons of snow outside my door, more snow days this week, 2 critical meetings canceled, a doctor visit, tons of labwork that I need, and another attempt at potty training, I’m beseiged by work! This is a good thing, but it also means I’m looking forward to Monday night, lol!
Actually, I LOVE throwing a party and I’m really excited for Amelia’s classmates to come here – about 6 or 7 of them, how awesome is that?
What lessons have I learned this week? A whole crop of them, including:
- Parenting requires patience. Potty training requires even more. Potty training a 5yo requires Mother-Theresa-like ability to stay calm and get up and come downstairs what feels like every 5 minutes. Surely I am learning a godly trait here!
- Cooking a restricted is a nuisance, yes, but really it boils down to cooking the way I USED to…when I was single and foolishly attempting to be slim. In other words, meat, veggies, fruit, legumes, and seasoning. PERIOD. Nice, and I bet I’ll have a figure to match, if I ever find time to workout, or a good Wii program 🙂 In fact, I’m considering a new section with recipes. What I’ve cooked so far kicked butt …if only the children would eat it!
- You can never have too much coffee on a snowy day. (Your physician may disagree with me, so check first, lol…)
- Slow and easy is the way to go. I’ve had way too many mishaps in the last few weeks, denying the kids dairy, and one tomato sauce, the other chocolate. That said, Zoe is sleeping through the night…or at least, not screaming and breaking down her gate to get to us. Mom & Dad are sleeping once again. Amelia’s nose was CLEAR this morning, a FIRST!! The only thing different is the food. You may call me foolish, but I see a link. (Of course, with tomorrow’s party, we are blowing a lot this to heck for a day, but I need at least 7,8 months to figure out the cake thing for a large group.)
- Take every opportunity you see that feels right. I’m very blessed this week to have all kinds of good things coming around to me and I’m excited to see things through. More on this at a later date!
That’s enough for now. What have you learned this week? For me, it’s been a week where I really earned my stripes, a few in every department. Well, maybe not housekeeping but no one who lives here seems to mind…