I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com), May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agree to use this product and post my honest opinion on my blog. The opinions posted are my own.
We all know the benefits of probiotics – they help keep your gut bacteria in balance. They are so beneficial that even my doctor approved them for me, even though I take blood thinners.
Why Good Gut Health Is Important
Why do they affect good gut health? Some years back it was discovered that we have millions of bacteria in our bodies – and not all of them are bad. What is bad is when they are out of balance. Healthy, beneficial bacteria must exist to combat and outweigh the “bad” bacteria. Your gut bacteria can very easily get out of whack, for example, if you have too much sugar or if you are on antibiotics, which destroy all the bacteria indiscriminately.
Balanced gut bacteria, in fact, is necessary for a healthy immune system. An imbalance can negatively impact your health, cause weight gain, deplete your energy and strip your nutrients. In fact, an imbalance can lead to problems with our emotions since 95% of our body’s serotonin, an important neurotransmitter, is found in our bowel system! Scientists believe gut imbalance may even be linked to depression.
Can we get it all our probiotics from food? Bone broth and fermented foods are helpful here, but those don’t tend to be everyday choices. An easier option is selecting a high quality probiotic that we can easily take daily.
How To Choose the Right Probiotic
Unfortunately, there are so many on the market! How can you choose the right one? Here is what you need to know when selecting a probiotic:
- Make sure it contains a high number of CFUs (Colony-Forming Units). That means it has a high density of viable bacteria in the product.
- Select one that has multiple probiotic strains since your body has over 500 strains. You’ll find much less in a probiotic (1-20 or so, generally), but the higher the number of strains, the better.
- Make sure that it can last. If you buy a refrigerated one, for example, you run the risk of if expiring sooner if it was not stored properly. Always check expiration dates and storage recommendations on the label.
- As always make sure all the ingredients are listed as well as the various strains of probiotics.
- Ensure that it meets your dietary need, for example, gluten and soy free.
- Finally, ALWAYS check with your doctor or healthcare practitioner to make sure taking a probiotic is allowed for your system.
Why Dr. Mercola Complete Probiotic Packets Are A Great Choice
Dr. Mercola Complete Probiotic Powder Packets meet those requirements. They contain 10 billion CFUs in the kids version and 70 billion in each packet of the adult version, with 10 probiotic strains and come in easy-to-digest powder form that tastes good! Not only that, but they come in delicious flavors, like Natural Raspberry Flavor in their kids product, flavored with organic raspberry powder and sweetened with organic Stevia. It’s gluten and soy free, which is good news for those of us who have children with food sensitivities and allergies.
These packets contain lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1, a super strain of bacteria that can provide an optimal environment to promote the growth of “good” gut bacteria.
These were really easy to use and tasted delicious! No need to bother with complicated pills. I especially liked mixing it in when I juiced. The packets make it easy to travel with and to dump in a water bottle when you’re on the go: no fuss, no muss and kids will love the taste too!