Almost 15 years ago, I had my first baby. Little did I know that the best advice I got was from a baby guide that I considered too “out there.” It had crazy stuff in there, like how you should be eating about 14 kinds of produce a day and how to self-deliver your baby, you know, just in case. (??!!) At the time, I happily and thoroughly embraced Western medicine and ate whatever I wanted.
Now, I wish I knew even a quarter of what I now know about toxins, nutrition, and clean living – and how great an impact that has on our children! For years I’ve been writing about the toxins in our environment and food and cookware and everything, both on this blog and for clients. In that time, I’ve really learned to read and understand science.
But boy every time some new polluntant crops up, I have to learn all over again and rethink everything I buy. It’s so overwhelming to figure it all out. Even with my experience, some days I just want someone to tell me what’s safe and what’s not.
Well that day is here – and just in time for holiday shopping, no less.
Made Safe and Plastic Pollution Coalition have teamed up to create the first-ever Healthy Baby Guide, out today, with everything you need to keep you and your children safe from harmful chemicals.
According to Dr. Mark Hyman, “This baby guide is a powerful RX for minimizing environmental exposures for our babies and children.” The Healthy Baby Guide includes:
- Where toxic chemicals lurk in plastics and other everyday products
- How they impact our health
- Tips for avoiding plastic and other toxics in everyday life
- Product recommendations that have been vetted by MADE SAFE to ensure they’re made with safe ingredients not known to harm human health.
This Guide is broken out by rooms in your house so you can quickly and easily work on detoxing one room at a time:
- General Household
- With a special category for pregnant women and moms
To celebrate the launch of this guide, Made Safe and Plastic Pollution Coalition teamed up with sponsors of this Guide for a GIVEAWAY of healthy goodies for the whole family.
The grand prize includes:
- Healthy Sleep Bundle of Verse kids mattress, breathable pad, changing pad, cover and crib sheets from Naturepedic
- Healthy Mama Healthy Baby pack of essential oil roll-ons from Oilogic
- Family package of stainless steel baby, child, and sport bottles from Pura Stainless
- New Mom Package of Nursing Pads and Maternity Pads from Natracare