I was going to say “ever”, but yet is more hopeful for Christmases to come. The really cool thing? It was NOT about the presents, as I didn’t anything major, just a few little things, for which I’m still grateful.
We have had a lovely time, since Thursday evening when I got off work, all the way through today. Well, ok, we were stuck in the car yesterday for 7 hours, so that stunk, but other than that, it was great – even the Christmas eve shopping, the service at Legacy, and the lack of traffic driving up to my sister’s. She made the BEST eggplant ever. Wouldn’t you know it? All the present we bought were spot on! And no electronics for the kids meant a little peace.
Dear friends who we haven’t seen in forever came and spent 3 nights here..that had to be one of the best gifts of all. This Christmas, though, something was different, better, richer. I thought I’d take stock and see what was different from last year. You can think of this as my Christmas holiday gratitude list:
- I have a church that I love love love like family.
- From there, I have real, intimate, LOCAL friends. That’s actually a big deal for me. I’m also blessed with a multitude of friends from all kinds of corners, for an amazing network of support and good will.
- I have a real direction for my career, and help to get there.
- I have a chance to really help my kids improve.
- My preschooler (Zoe) just scored a 4th day of school.
- I actually believe in my faith. Yes, that is new, and it took a long slow time, but it’s really nice to celebrate Christmas when you actually believe in Christ, without the doubts, misgivings, and intellectualism I’ve suffered from in all prior years.
So it was a VERY good holiday, and I’m still on. Things also seem to be looking up at work (fingers crossed) and many good things are happening professionally for my husband.
Share: what blessings did you get at this Christmas season?