The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
Another Holiday Season is upon us, and I’m so excited! I love the holidays and it’s been a great year, so I expect to thoroughly enjoy them. What’s really been excellent about 2014 is how I have stepped up my career as a professional blogger – not just on this blog, but elsewhere as well.
As a blogger, though, I know there’s a few things on my Christmas wish list that can help me succeed more in my career. Is there a blogger or social media maven or advocate in your life? Here’s a few items they – like me – might LOVE to find under the tree this Christmas:
1. A New Smartphone. Tis the season…for new phones to come out! Your blogger may be happy and comfortable or she may be grumbling about her outdated Smartphone. Tune in to what bothers her and make the best choice that fits her lifestyle. For example, the bigger phone are too big for my teeny, tiny hands to take selfies. (I’m not kidding!) So while the trend is to size “up,” I’m considering a smaller, hand-friendly smartphone for myself, now that my last one is dying.
2. Smartphone Case. My husband absolute adores his Speck Shell Card case, which allows you to carry your iPhone and about 3 credit cards. For durability and strength, you might want to give your blogger friend an Otter Box, though.
3. Portable USB Charger. Who doesn’t need one of these? All those conferences drain a lot of battery power from your phone, and some of those bigger screens suck even more juice. An awesome stocking stuffer for your favorite blogger, so she can Instagram the night away…
4. Light Kit. High up on my own list, a great light kit for bloggers who write about products is a great tool to help them shoot those great photos. A great kit is affordable, so if you have a blogger friend who does review, this is a really nice and very useful gift.
5. A New Camera. Well, let’s face it, this is really what’s at the top of my list! Sure, I have an “OK” (ancient) digital camera and another “OK” one on my soon-dying phone. But I want to really step up for the new year, with more videos, awesome travel shots and stunning food photography. To make that happen, I need a really superb camera – and your blogger and social media friends would agree!
Best Buy has all these and more but this year they are featuring the GoPro HERO camera series. Made for those on the go (and what lifestyle blogger isn’t on the go?) who want to take really professional shots and videos, these cameras will help you your photos and video skills to the next level. I’m down for that!
GoPro HERO4 Black
Best Buy calls this the “most advanced GoPro ever.” Faster video, more powerful processor and better image quality mean you can truly GoPro with this award winning camera.
GoPro HERO4 Silver
This GoPro is the first of its kind to have a built-in touch display – I miss having this on a quality camera! Tap & swipe to view your videos and adjust settings is ideal for me – and for all bloggers since you get professional quality video and high frame rates.
This one features 1080p30 and 720p60 video, and 5MP photos up to 5 fps. The HERO shows you why it’s one of the best selling cameras.
These will let your inner artist out, so you can take shots like these:
Best Buy has a large selection of cameras, phones and every techie thing your blogger needs! GoPro cameras are an awesome gift and Best Buy also carries the full line of accessories for them. Learn more at www.bestbuy.com or visit your local Best Buy to check out the latest cameras in person.