Today I’m launching a new 4-part series on how to eat organic, allergen-free and clean on a budget and I’m kicking it off with a high-value, organic & natural coupon book giveaway, with brands like Biokleen, Bob’s Red Mill, Food for Life, Nutiva, Tofurky and LOTS more.
BEFORE YOU START
Most of these coupons are only available by printing, so make sure you have a printer that can print from the web, that your system and browser support Java to run the application and that you have enough ink to LEGIBLY print the bar code. I have run into ALL these problems.
WHERE TO FIND ORGANIC COUPONS: FROM FAVORITE BRANDS
The very best place to find coupons is from brands themselves.
1. Visit the brand’s site and search for coupons.
Many will have a tab or else search the site for “coupons” OR “promotions.” If they don’t have a search bar, simply google the brand name (in quotes if necessary) and coupons.
2. Register with brand
Sign up with email to get offers, promotions, contests, etc, such as I told you about last week for Silk coupons, delivered directly to your email.
3. Follow them on social media.
It’s even a better idea to follow these brands on social media, where brands will post not only coupons, but competitions and specials. Don’t just follow, interact with them – tell them what you like, dislike, share photos and what you’ve done with their product. Brands love feedback! They are also trying all kind of promotions, particularly via Facebook – where you will often find a “coupon” tab.
4. Ask for coupons.
You can also email a brand and ask for coupons or samples, especially if it’s a brand you haven’t tried yet. And if you happen to be a blogger who writes about food, don’t be afraid to knock on their door for that sample! Other favorite brands I’ve subscribed to that provides coupons are Rudi’s Bakery, Enjoy Life, and SunButter.
WHERE TO FIND ORGANIC COUPONS: COUPON SITES
Traditional sites DO have coupons but you have to work for them. Fortunately, there are also wonderful, organic based coupon sites that will help you. My favorite are:
Running AWESOME coupons for major brands right now, like Silk, Living Now, Barbara’s and Rudi’s Bakery.
Great coupons, plus an opportunity to earn points for your favorite charities! One of the few places that regularly has Food for Life coupons too.
Hopster.com (affiliate link)
Redplum.com (affiliate link)
SmartSource (affiliate link)
SavingStar (affiliate link)
WHERE TO FIND ORGANIC COUPONS: GF BLOGGER SITES
Other sites & blogs that have great coupon deals include:
WHERE TO FIND ORGANIC COUPONS: EVENTS
- Lots of places have events with coupons, but the BEST one is the Gluten & Allergen Free Expo, which has events all over the country. Check out my review from 2013, can’t wait to go in Secaucus, NJ again in September!
- The Gluten Free Living Conference just past, but they should have another next April.
Other events, like clean cooking expos, allergy or health conferences, supermarket gluten free events and more will have samples and coupons – check near you! I hope to grow this list as the year goes on.
Next week, I’ll share the apps I use and the best way to combine them with coupons.
- You need a way to organize your coupons, remember to brings them and sort by expiration date. I put mine in date order and sort by store coupons, household product and regular grocery.
- Some stores are very flexible with defining what qualifies on a coupon, some are NOT. I’ve found Giant to be wonderful, and Walmart to be begrudging. Just my 2 cents.
- Whatever you use that is NOT organic or allergen-free, you will and must coupons for if your budget is tight. Use those coupon links above to search through each coupon vendor for things like batteries, coupons, household products, etc.