Today I’m launching a new 4-part series on how to eat organic, allergen-free and clean on a budget and I’m kicking it off with a high-value, organic & natural coupon book giveaway, with brands like Biokleen, Bob’s Red Mill, Food for Life, Nutiva, Tofurky and LOTS more.
BEFORE YOU START
Most of these coupons are only available by printing, so make sure you have a printer that can print from the web, that your system and browser support Java to run the application and that you have enough ink to LEGIBLY print the bar code. I have run into ALL these problems.
WHERE TO FIND ORGANIC COUPONS: FROM FAVORITE BRANDS
The very best place to find coupons is from brands themselves.
1. Visit the brand’s site and search for coupons.
Many will have a tab or else search the site for “coupons” OR “promotions.” If they don’t have a search bar, simply google the brand name (in quotes if necessary) and coupons.
2. Register with brand
Sign up with email to get offers, promotions, contests, etc, such as I told you about last week for Silk coupons, delivered directly to your email.
3. Follow them on social media.
It’s even a better idea to follow these brands on social media, where brands will post not only coupons but competitions and specials. Don’t just follow, interact with them – tell them what you like, dislike, share photos and what you’ve done with their product. Brands love feedback! They are also trying all kind of promotions, particularly via Facebook – where you will often find a “coupon” tab.
4. Ask for coupons.
You can also email a brand and ask for coupons or samples, especially if it’s a brand you haven’t tried yet. And if you happen to be a blogger who writes about food, don’t be afraid to knock on their door for that sample!
WHERE TO FIND ORGANIC COUPONS: COUPON SITES
Traditional sites DO have coupons but you have to work for them. Fortunately, there are also wonderful, organic-based coupon sites that will help you. My favorites are:
Great coupons, plus an opportunity to earn points for your favorite charities! One of the few places that regularly has Food for Life coupons too.
Hopster.com (affiliate link)
Redplum.com (affiliate link)
SmartSource (affiliate link)
SavingStar (affiliate link)
WHERE TO FIND ORGANIC COUPONS: GF BLOGGER SITES
Other sites & blogs that have great coupon deals include:
WHERE TO FIND ORGANIC COUPONS: EVENTS
Events, like clean cooking expos, allergy or health conferences, supermarket gluten-free events like the Gluten Free Expo in Philly and more will have samples and coupons – check near you! I hope to grow this list as the year goes on.
Next week, I’ll share the apps I use and the best way to combine them with coupons.
- You need a way to organize your coupons, remember to brings them and sort by expiration date. I put mine in date order and sort by store coupons, household product and regular grocery.
- Some stores are very flexible with defining what qualifies on a coupon, some are NOT. I’ve found Giant to be wonderful, and Walmart to be begrudging. Just my 2 cents.
- Whatever you use that is NOT organic or allergen-free, you will and must coupons for if your budget is tight. Use those coupon links above to search through each coupon vendor for things like batteries, coupons, household products, etc.