Ok, stumped on what to do for Halloween with a restricted diet? My friend, Jessica, has a few tips:
- Trick or treat like normal, then when the “loot” comes home, offer them a bigger present in exchange for the candy. (I’m pretty sure this wouldn’t work with my kids, at this point!)
- Make your own healthy candy treats. Google gluten free, casein-free candy.
- Sort and throw out all the non-gluten-free, non-casein free candy. In 200, Jessica posted a list, check it out here.
- And my tip? Don’t trick or treat. Amelia has had two warnings today for behavior, so she may not go. After all, she will need to be good on a snow for 7.5 more hours. Yikes….
- UPDATE: This lovely lady has a full list, updated annually! Check it out.
Good luck, and have a happy halloween!