About a year ago, I won one of the BEST prizes I’d ever gotten in my life: a Blendtec blender. It was awesome because I’d been longing for a high powered blender for a long, LONG time. When you raise your family on a restricted diet, especially one that’s dairy free, and try to eat as much “real food” as you can, this tool is indispensable. And while it’s true that I’m SUPER PROUD of this week’s first time ever butternut squash puree, the fact is that this tool has changed my life in one big way:
I AM NOW ADDICTED TO SMOOTHIES.
Why? Well for one thing, smoothies are easy to make nutritious and full of non-grain fiber (add kale or spinach). They help you get Omega-3 essential fatty acids (add flax). And they are easy to make sweet & delicious naturally (add raw chocolate or pineapple juice or banana) and can help you fight allergies (add local honey to sweeten).
Because last year was so rough for me, this has been my year to strengthen and build myself up: emotionally, physically and spiritually. Good healthy foods give me a firm foundation – and it’s something I often forget. Getting in 5 fruits and veggies daily is tough, UNLESS I do smoothies. Then they’re easy. Drinking smoothies at least 5 times a week is now part of my health routine to help me bloom in 2015!
Plus smoothies are so versatile – but I’ve become lazy and pretty much just do my go to “What’s in my Fridge” Smoothie. BORING. Since I’m such a smoothie nut and since this is a very key part of my 2015 plan for health and nutrition, I’ve enlisted help from my amazing foodie blogger pals to give you this roundup of amazing 22 dairy-free smoothies made with almond or coconut milk. Please visit them and try their drinks – and share and let them know if you like them! ENJOY.
DAIRY FREE SMOOTHIE RECIPES
- Lactation Boosting Smoothie: make it with Silk Almondmilk instead of milk
- Raspberry Chia Smoothie from Me and My Pink Mixer
- Mint Cherry Chocolate Chip Smoothie from Sporty Afro
- Mojito Smoothie from Wonky Wonderful
- Healthy Shamrock Smoothie from The Happy Health Freak
- Key Lime Pie Smoothie from Side of Sneakers
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie from Nutrition Starring You
- Fruity Energizing Protein Smoothie from the Semi-Healthy Blog
- Banana Bread Breakfast Smoothie from We’re Parents
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 3oz Greek yogurt
- 1tbs chia seeds
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen berries
DEBBIE’S SMOOTHIE POWER TIP: Slice bananas and freeze on a baking sheet to keep them from going bad. The frozen bananas replace ice. so if you’re using a fresh one, add an ice cube or two. You can add hot water in the mix to get it going.
LATTES & FRAPPS
- Matcha Latte – not a smoothie, but great coffee replacement! from A Nation of Moms
- Protein Packed Skinny Vanilla Latte from Nutrition Starring You
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie from the Semi-Healthy Blog
- Frozen Strawberry Protein Frappuccino from the Semi-Healthy Blog
Do you have any smoothies you’d love to share with us? Share them in the comments!