This giveaway & post sponsored by Lice Lifters.
Well, it’s happened: the first notice of lice in the school, at least, on the parent page. I’m sure it’ll be announced this week. So what’s a fairly green mama to do when the lice hits the fan? September and October are the worst months for lice activities, so back to school can bring this actual headache. Sports helmets are swapped, coats and jackets get piled together. Since kids are playing in large groups at school or huddled close while working (especially in our school!), conditions are perfect for lice transmission.
Here are some facts you may not know about lice:
- Lice do not discriminate; the cleanliness of your hair, home, or school has nothing to do with the risk of getting lice.
- 1 louse can lay up to 10 eggs (nits) per day. Ewwww!
- You cannot get head lice from an animal and your animals can not get it from you. Lice need human scalp blood to survive.
- Off the human head, lice cannot survive for more than 48 hours. Well, at least that’s good news!
- “Super Lice” and their resistance to traditional over the counter treatments are a pesky problem. Consumers are becoming more aware and informed about the toxic levels of over-the-counter-treatments.
- Electronis like IPods, IPads and smart phones cause kids to cluster together to view games, videos and movies as do group “selfies”. All of this head to head contact spreads lice easily.
- Battling lice at home for weeks at a time is time-consuming, causes stress, causes missed school/work days and is often is ineffective.
For more facts about head lice click here.
Nix , Rid and other over-the-counter products have pesticides in their ingredients???!!
Of course, I’m not surprised but this is scary: some contain 4 times the amount of chemicals and pesticide’s as Raid!Keep that stuff AWAY from my kids. Lice are becoming more and more resistant to these chemicals creating the term “Super Lice”. Often people battling lice use these products over and over again and still cannot get rid of lice. You child’s sensitive scalp can get burned as a result of over treatment.
Some prescription and over–the-counter treatments contain chemicals that are no longer permitted for use on crops or animals, yet are allowed for lice treatment.
Again, not surprised but sure am peeved about this! I already know that some of these chemicals and pesticides have been proven to be carcinogenic and can damage the nervous system, as well as other harm.
Lice Lifters is an effective, all natural treatment to stop lice in its tracks!
Currently Lice Lifters has salons across Pennsylvania and New Jersey and Florida. Lice Lifters uses a patented heated air treatment process which kills 99.2% of the eggs and 87% of the bugs. Technician’s then sends each treated individual home with a custom follow up care program to ensure no new activity occurs. Typically this consists of 2-4 simple Nit Nanny Solution applications (similar to a shampooing) which make the treatment process 100% effective.
With Lice Lifters you can feel 100% confident your problem was resolved.
Children receive a certificate allowing them to return to school – same day! Lice Lifters Nit Nanny products are all-natural, pesticide free, non-toxic and chemical free.That makes Lice Lifters the fastest, most reliable, all-natural way to get rid of lice.
Going to the doctor or hair salons can be scary for a kid.
Lice Lifters technicians are empathetic and efficient. They understand what you are going through.They assess your situation, make you comfortable and get to work. Kids choose a movie, have a snack and the next thing they know, they are on their way home. To find out more about locations or to inquire about franchise opportunities, visit www.licelifters.com.
Lice Lifters also offers package and ala carte services to overnight and day camps, schools and day cares. To find out more please call 1-484-685-1095.
All Lice Lifters products can be purchased via the Lice Lifters site, on Amazon and at independent pharmacies. The Nit Nanny Solution treatment plan eliminates lice, The Nit Nanny Mousse along with The Nit Nanny Comb eliminates the nits, and The Nit Nanny Mint Spray deters lice from returning or visiting in the first place.
Now that you are educated about lice, what to do and what not to do…How about some FUN? Lice Lifters is giving one lucky winner a $100 VISA Gift Card and a bottle of Nit Nanny Mint Spray from Lice Lifters, worth $20:
a Rafflecopter giveaway