It’s tough being a mom in this day and age, but sometimes you get the opportunity to treat yourself in a way that makes you feel good and improves your self-esteem: a healthy treat, getting back to the gym, a nice walk in the sunshine. And isn’t it great when you can feel that way about clothing? That’s why I was excited to be selected to review two clothing items from prAna, the prAna Cali Dress and the Chetan Capri. Not only are their clothes beautiful and durable, they offer organic, hemp, sustainable, and fair trade items so that you can feel great about buying their products.
The Beauty of prAna
If you know me, you might know that I’m a woman who selects comfort over style every time. Running around tending to my girls’ needs means I have to be ready to be stuck in one outfit for the duration of a 3-hour IEP meeting, an 8-hour field trip or a museum visit that could have me running after my youngest. And yet, comfortable clothes are usually the ugliest things on the rack.
Not so with prAna! Not only are their clothes stylish, people who love the outdoors design them. Designers create and test their designs based on their own love of outdoor activities making sure they’re both durable and beautiful.
The prAna Cali Dress
Ok, let me tell you a little story about the items I selected first. I’ve been putting on a little weight lately (well, hello, menopause). It’s been too hectic to get to the gym in the last few weeks, but still, I was excited to do this campaign. There was a beautiful dress – the prAna Cali dress – that I wanted badly but I was too body-shy to get it. I was worried it wouldn’t fit! So I ordered the Chetan Capri pant, which I was excited about, and a top that I was less excited about.
Fate is a funny thing, though. It turned out they were out of the top in all sizes and I had to pick another item. So I screwed on my courage and ordered the prAna Cali Dress. Actually, I ordered the dress after doing about an HOUR of researching reviews on it and a healthy dose of “just do it.”
The reviews were ALL good so I took a chance.
The package came late last week and I torn it open and put it on in front of my husband. Let’s just say the look in his eyes said it all! I’m usually terrified to go backless, but this dress? It was beautiful and sexy and comfortable and I felt AMAZING in it! I am so glad I ordered it. It fits as advertised and flows gracefully. I can’t wait for warmer weather …I’ll probably be wearing this to death come summer!
The prAna Cali Dress comes in several solid colors and patterns. It fits wonderfully. And if you’re only reading reviews by tall women (like I was), I’ll be the first to tell you it fits a short woman great too. It also features a built-in so you won’t feel overexposed when you go braless.
The Chetan Capri
Ok, I was crazy excited about the prAna Cali dress, but I’m also woman who loves leggings. I know not everyone does, but because I’m 5’0″, it’s hard to find pants that fit properly all over. Leggings help me look “not so short” and I can find ones that don’t run past my feet, so I trip when I’m shoeless. Since my shortness is mostly in my legs, I can wear capris like pants. (Crazy, right?)
prAna’s Chetan Capris fit me wonderfully. They are made with hemp and organic cotton, making them comfortable, durable and far too cool for gym usage, lol! And unlike some other legging brands, they are naturally odor-resistant which is great. These were fun to dress up, they went with lots of different tops but I liked this one best. They are thick, so I wouldn’t save them for summer but being odor resistant, you don’t have to worry if you sweat. Early spring and even winter is perfect for these capris.
10 Reasons to Feel Good About Choosing prAna
prAna clothing is a great purchase not just because they are comfortable and beautiful! Here are 10 reasons you’ll want to support them:
- prAna gives back to communities all over the world. Each year, they partner with different charities (local and international) doing things like cleaning up beaches in California or aiding areas affected by natural disasters.
- They also donate a portion of their proceeds from a select collection during the holidays to Outdoor Outreach, a nonprofit that connects underserved youth with the outdoors.
- Their designs are tested for outdoor activities so you can trust them for your active life. (Yes, my lovely prAna Cali dress, I have outdoor activities planned for you too!)
- Even if you’re not so active, prAna’s durable and beautiful clothing can encourage you to get more active…and look good while doing it!
- prAna works toward sustainability by trying to reduce their impact on the environment.
- They try to only source from sustainable sources, like organic cotton, recycled wool and hemp.
- They are one of the first major clothing companies to offer Fair Trade CertifiedTM products. Fair Trade standards ensure that garment workers have safe working conditions, a voice in the workplace, higher earnings, and that women are treated equally. In many places around the globe, these standards are hard won.
- They’ve reduced their use of polybags. I have to say that the packaging was lovely and minimal.
- They use bluesign® to help achieve sustainable clothing production. This meets very stringent consumer safety requirements worldwide so you can be sure you are getting the most sustainable product they can provide.
- prAna can trace their products from nearly the origin of its life cycle, meaning they know exactly the processes that create their clothing to meet their mission.
What’s this mean for a hard-working mom like you? It means that you get style, durability and comfort created by a company that cares about the Earth and its producers for a good price. And prAna stands by its good too! If you don’t absolutely love your prAna purchase, you may return it for a full refund, credit, or exchange.
prAna Promo Code
I don’t think you will. I think you’ll love your clothes and want to give prAna gifts to all your friends too. And right now, you can save money with this exclusive discount code for 15% off anything you purchase from prAna.com from now through 4/20/17. When you check out, use this promo code: ib4pGB