As a blogger, my perspective on blogging conferences has changed a lot over the years. Last year, conference and event attendance was very high for me! I went to Blogger Bash, iRetreat, Food Allergy Blogger Conference (FABCON) and ShiftCon, not to mention a handful of other brand events.
This left my office and writing schedule completely overwhelmed!
While I wrote about much I learned and was moved at FABCON, the down side was that it was not exactly my tribe – nor was it totally uplifting. Sitting through the heartbreaking list of people who died of allergies in the prior year was really hard.
But there was one conference that I absolutely adored and cannot wait to return to this year: ShiftCon Eco-Wellness Influencer Conference. Why should you attend? Here’s a list of my top 10 reasons:
- It’s the only conference where they serve all GMO free meals. No kidding – the things I eat for breakfast in real life were on my table!! That never happens.
- Kombucha cocktails. That, healthy booze – they were GOOD. Need I say more?
- A chance to meet the movers and shakers who are working to clean up your food and products. Leah Segedie, Robyn O’Brien, Gary Hirshberg, Gunnar Lovelace and so many more spoke last year. And because the conference is small, you’re up close and personal with them at the events and get to really hear the inside news about the nontoxic and NonGMO movements.
- Meet green bloggers. So many big blogger friends of mine in this movement either spoke, volunteered or attended. It was so much fun to meet people I’ve worked with and for face to face! This is a great way to up your green game, especially if you’re new to living a nontoxic life!
- A great bag of GMO free swag and an amazing expo. I hate to “pump up the swag,” but one of the great things about ShiftCon is that everything at the expo or in the swag bag is really, really safe. Leah has a strict policy regarding sponsored products so you can trust what you get. And if you have too much, may I suggest stocking stuffers? Because the event is in December.
- Awesome opportunities. I had a chance to meet some new people and get in the ground floor of a few opportunities! This was so exciting for me, because this conference is one well-attended by people eager to propel the green movement, like the Savvy Women’s Alliance and MadeSafe.
- Outstanding giveaways. Nearly every vendor at the expo was not only giving samples and many giving coupons, but the giveaways ranged from organic supplements to a Naturepedic bed! I myself won a $300 prize basket from Nordic Naturals, a great source of fish oil for kids. (Helps with speech disabilities!)
- You’ll learn to be more powerful and have the knowledge to fight the good fight to make sure that companies provide clean products and nontoxic ingredients for our families.
- Fun in-conference events. I missed the “expedition” to the beach, but I did get an awesome yoga workout, courtesy of a favorite brand in my home, Boiron. You can sign up for these and other “extra” events this year.
*Disclosure: I do get a referral fee for your purchase.