This post sponsored by Lucky Vitamin; all opinions are my own
When I started on my journey of detoxing my home, I focused on the obvious things: food, cookware, cleaning items, glyphosate-free lawn care. It was a challenge but it took me a while to realize that I wasn’t doing enough – not by half.
Now, as a work at home mom who only does a few business events a year, I don’t have massive need for makeup or nail polish. I can get away without any deodorant unless I’m going to the gym, and even if the products I use are a little toxic, they’re not used that often.
But over time, I realized a few things:
- That could change if I ever needed or wanted an outside-the-home job or increased my real world engagement.
- Using less products meant I could spend more on safer choices since they would last longer.
- Even little changes contribute to the bigger picture of overall health. After all, I had used these crummy products on a daily basis for a long time!
The good news is that you can make good bath and body purchases and adapt practices that help you save money.
- Buy high end for the items you rarely use, like eye makeup and masks.
- Buy median end for things you always use, like daily skincare, or wait on sales and discounts and then stock up.
- Take care of the outside by maintaining your insides: a clean gut, healthy diet and getting regular exercise.
- Work to get a good night’s sleep (7-8 hours) as often as you can.
- Find a solution to reduce stress. We like to use essential oils, detox baths, and prayer/quiet time, but find what works best for you.
I’d love to make some great product recommendations for you!
I won this serum and absolutely loved how it made my skin feel! They also feature one for mature skin, but this is for sensitive skin. The toner is not bad too.
This is a gift set I bought my daughter. Nail polish is notoriously toxic but this is a safer alternative – one of the safest available at present, though not perfect. Their remover is corn alcohol based too – none of that harsh stuff but requires more elbow grease.
These lovely blends will help you through your day! One’s sharp and one is PERFECT for winter.
I’ve been looking for a good deodorant for a long time. I was hesitant to try but gave it a shot. It is a little thick for a paste – and a little minty, which was surprising. But when you get the right mixture on your arms, it works wonders!
Want to save money? Well, now is the perfect time to detox your bath and beauty routine with LuckyVitamin.com! Here’s how to save big:
Three Ways to Save Big With Lucky Vitamin
1. First off, all my readers get an exclusive code to save money: First time customers can receive $10 off $79+ orders until 9/30/2016by using my code, GINA10916.
2. All orders over $49 qualify for free shipping!
3. Lucky Vitamin is hosting some awesome sales this month. Take a look at some of my favorite sales going on this month, for feeling good both inside and out:
- Face & Skin Care Sale
Garden of Life Sale
- EO Products Brand Sale
Organic India Sale
Mad Hippie Sale
Lucky Vitamin also has other ways to save. For example, you can earn reward points on certain purchases. You can save a bigger discount on items when you select “Save with Autoship” for the items you regularly repurchase. And you can sign up for their newsletters for exclusive deals. Plus there may even more perks. This month, I was delighted to receive 4 Orgain Protein Plant Bars with my order, just to try!